Tuesday, March 10, 2009

and our best laid plans will stand alone on our side.

So last week was pretty much a blog failure. I meant to post four times, but I just didn't. But! I did finish East of Eden finally and finally feel compelled to actually say something about it. see, I don't like when I have to say how I feel about a book if I haven't gotten through the whole book. it's just a thing. I also don't like when people rephrase me because I said it right the first time. I don't care if it didn't make sense. I don't care if this doesn't make sense. anyways, East of Eden is overall a good one. I'm a big fan of perspective. and this one had a lot of good perspective. People are crazy. We're all just crazy; perspective shows that. So you choose your line, and you live above it. So close to that breaking point...Not as widely practiced and preached eh? "And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good." or maybe your limbo pole is just a bit lower than that...ya poltroon. I've taken to using a dictionary as I read. You don't get the whole story if you're not positive of what the words mean. The majority of the time the words you don't know won't really affect the story as a whole, but you can completely misunderstand a sentence, and that's just not the point. I'm also a big fan of Essays. They're probably my favorite things to read. I love when you can quote something and use it. It just makes me feel like my quality of life has improved. I'll have to rerent it from the library. I wrote down page numbers, but forgot to check them. ahI guess I've lost my compelition to comment. I always do that. I think of something I want to say and then I just never say it. but I know what it is. So second aspect of my blog failure is the whole finishing up books that I've started thing...I finished one. So in turn, I checked out three more books from the library today. "Every man has a view of what it will be like to be retired...or reads the neglected books he always pretended to have read." So I was thinking, when do people really read all of these books? and really, when are you going to discuss them? or when am I going to remember to throw a book reference in there? oh wait. I think about book references all the time. never mind. haha. "I never read. I hate reading. oh wait...that's a total lie." I'm already halfway through The Stranger by Albert Camus. and then I also checked out The Great Gatsby and (TITLE TITLE TITLE) Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck. [The bridges that stand between you and I Come over tonight When the pen in our hands and our best laid plans Will stand alone on our side Of mice and men on our side. We the Living love!] So I don't even remember how many books that puts me at. I usually maintain a steady eight I think. Mime done.

No comments:

Post a Comment