Sweet. let's bang some tambourines. Get involved. join the scene...woot. alright so I am about halfway through East of Eden. I finally met who it was talking first person with. There was this part where Samuel and Lee and Adam were naming the twin boys. They talked about how nobody ever names kids Cain anymore but it's probably the most famous name. and the Cain/Abel ordeal is probably the most famous story because it's so real. But they also talked about how if a man knew exactly what he was writing (but of course God wrote the bible. what do you think people?) and it was so real then there should be no doubt in the words. but in the KJV bible verse 7 says "thou shalt rule over" in the American Standard Bible (...?) it says "Do thou rule over" and Lee says that this is completely different, but it's really not. it's a command from God to rule over sin. kind of like, "watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation." Lee researched further into Chinese history and what are they called? I'll go with Confuciuses...these old confuciuses learned Hebrew and found the word timshel--which means "thou mayest." they think that this means you have a choice..."thou mayest not," and your own way to heaven. foolish confucion (konfusion) heathens. that just means we have a free will and a sinful nature. in the NIV bible, verse 7 says, "If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it." so yeah. pretty much God is just saying don't sin. pretty good. so yeah. I think it's going to be a major theme in the book. "thou mayest" but whatever. I'll deal with it. hopefully we'll get some good Cain and Abel action pretty soon. but their names are Cal and Aron, which is pretty alliterationally convenient. So Samuel is going to die soon because he's old, but I have a feeling he's got a whole lot more life to live. and yeah. I read 165 pages. I had to do math for time: 6 and 1/2 Total: 21.5...so I've gained success?
Sunday, February 8, 2009
at the end of all your lines
Sweet. let's bang some tambourines. Get involved. join the scene...woot. alright so I am about halfway through East of Eden. I finally met who it was talking first person with. There was this part where Samuel and Lee and Adam were naming the twin boys. They talked about how nobody ever names kids Cain anymore but it's probably the most famous name. and the Cain/Abel ordeal is probably the most famous story because it's so real. But they also talked about how if a man knew exactly what he was writing (but of course God wrote the bible. what do you think people?) and it was so real then there should be no doubt in the words. but in the KJV bible verse 7 says "thou shalt rule over" in the American Standard Bible (...?) it says "Do thou rule over" and Lee says that this is completely different, but it's really not. it's a command from God to rule over sin. kind of like, "watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation." Lee researched further into Chinese history and what are they called? I'll go with Confuciuses...these old confuciuses learned Hebrew and found the word timshel--which means "thou mayest." they think that this means you have a choice..."thou mayest not," and your own way to heaven. foolish confucion (konfusion) heathens. that just means we have a free will and a sinful nature. in the NIV bible, verse 7 says, "If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it." so yeah. pretty much God is just saying don't sin. pretty good. so yeah. I think it's going to be a major theme in the book. "thou mayest" but whatever. I'll deal with it. hopefully we'll get some good Cain and Abel action pretty soon. but their names are Cal and Aron, which is pretty alliterationally convenient. So Samuel is going to die soon because he's old, but I have a feeling he's got a whole lot more life to live. and yeah. I read 165 pages. I had to do math for time: 6 and 1/2 Total: 21.5...so I've gained success?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment